Lincoln College Open Day
26 April, 2017 – 4.30-8.00pm
For all course enquiries please call the Course Enquiry Line on 030 030 32435
Duration:Candidates should be looking towards a duration of 12 months to complete the full apprenticeship.
Start Date:30th March 2017
The Hospitality Services Apprenticeship is suitable for those working in the hospitality, hotel or service industry and who carry out a diverse range of tasks.
Many workplace environments are suitable for this qualification but notably schools; residential & nursing homes; canteens and commercial kitchens. The qualification also caters for those employed in the areas of reception, housekeeping and general bar work.
Job roles of an Intermediate Apprentice in Hospitality Services
• Catering Assistant
Or a combination of any of the above
• Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
• Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
Optional Units may include:
• Provide a reception service
• Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
• Serve food at the table
• Prepare hot and cold sandwiches
Additionally, those involved in food service or food preparation must complete one of the following:
• Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
• Maintain food safety when storing, holding and serving food
Additional components of The Hospitality Services Apprenticeship:
• Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths, English (unless otherwise exempt)
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
• A Technical Certificate
Careers this Apprenticeship could lead to?
• Hospitality Team Leader
• Front of House Manager
• You must be aged 16 or over, not in full-time education or training and have been resident in the UK / EEA for at least three years
• No specific qualifications are required but GCSE’s grades A – D (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics are preferred.
• Successful completion of Initial Assessments
• A suitable work placement
How will I be assessed?
The Apprentice will be assessed in the workplace. To ensure that all the competences are met, regular review meetings with take place with your assessor and your employer to effect the successful achievement of the framework.
Mode of attendance:
This qualification is delivered entirely in the workplace and the only requirement for college attendance will be to sit short courses offered to the learner at various stages throughout their apprenticeship.
Fees for the 2013/14 academic year are currently under review. Figures given below are indicative only and subject to change. Fees will be posted here as soon as they become available.
For those candidates aged 16-18 there will be no cost to the employer. For apprentices aged 19 and over, there will be a one-off administration fee to the employer of £250.