Lincoln College Open Day
26 April, 2017 – 4.30-8.00pm
For all course enquiries please call the Course Enquiry Line on 030 030 32435
Duration:A minimum of 12 months on programme is required to successfully complete the apprenticeship.
Start Date:30th March 2017
The Professional Cookery qualification is designed for those working as, or training to become, chefs.
As its title suggests, the requirements for successful completion of this apprenticeship are very exacting and it is not always possible to meet these requirements in the workplace. For the candidate to embark on this apprenticeship it will be necessary for them to evidence a very wide range of quality food preparation. Consequently, the target markets are individuals working in top quality restaurants and hotels or in public houses offering freshly made food prepared to a very high standard.
• Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
• Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
• Maintain and handle knives
• Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
Optional Units may include:
• Prepare, cook & finish basic fish dishes
• Prepare, cook & finish basic meat dishes
• Prepare, cook & finish basic poultry dishes
• Prepare, cook & finish basic vegetable dishes
• Prepare, cook & finish basic soups
• Prepare, cook & finish basic bread & dough products
• Prepare, cook & finish basic cakes, sponges, biscuits & scones
Additional components of The Professional Cookery Apprenticeship:
• Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths, English (unless otherwise exempt)
• Employer Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
• A Technical Certificate
• You must be aged 16 or over, not in full-time education or training and have been resident in the UK / EEA for at least three years
• GCSE’s grades A – D (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
• Successful completion of Initial Assessments
• A suitable work placement
Mode of attendance:
This qualification is delivered entirely in the workplace and the only requirement for college attendance will be to sit various short courses offered to the learner at various stages throughout their apprenticeship.
How long will it take to complete?
The duration of an Apprenticeship can vary depending on the individual’s needs but candidates should be looking towards a minimum of 12 months duration to complete the full apprenticeship framework.
What’s next after the Apprenticeship?
• Career progression within their current employment
• Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
• Further study or Higher Education
Fees for the 2013/14 academic year are currently under review. Figures given below are indicative only and subject to change. Fees will be posted here as soon as they become available.
What will it cost?
For those candidates aged 16-18 there will be no cost to the employer. For apprentices aged 19 and over, there will be a one-off administration fee to the employer of £250.