Contact Us

For all course enquiries please call the Course Enquiry Line on 030 030 32435

For general enquiries please call 01522 876000 or email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

For International enquiries outside the EU, please call +44 (0)1522 876000 or email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Lincoln College

Monks Road

T 01522 876000
F 01522 876200
E .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

View Larger Map View Campus Map

Newark College

Friary Road
Newark, Nottinghamshire
NG24 1PB

T 01636 680680
F 01636 680681
E .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

View Larger Map View Campus Map

Gainsborough College

Acland Street
DN21 2LG

T 01427 617471
F 01427 617577
E .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

View Larger Map View Campus Map

Find a Course...

Money Matters

We want you to get the very best from your studies whilst at College, but we also understand that sometimes it's not easy being a student. Lack of money can be a big frustration and can make things difficult for you; this this section gives you information about the financial help that is available to students.

You can get further information from the Welfare Team in Student Services at anytime either by popping into one of our campuses, or by calling them using the contact details listed. Please be aware that we recommend that you speak to Student Services when making your application so ensure that you know what support is available to you.


If you are 16-18 you won’t have to pay fees for most of our courses so long as you are a Home Student. 

If you are 19+ you have to pay course fees. However, you may be able to get help with course fees if your circumstances meet our fee remission criteria or if you qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan.

19+ Fee Remission

If you are 19+ on 31/08/2016 and undertaking a course up to and including Full Level 2, you may be able to get help with the cost of course fees through the Lincoln College Fee remission policy.

If you are aged 19-23 on 31/08/2016 you may also be able to get fee remission if you are studying toward the achievement of your first Full Level 3 qualification.

19+ Advanced Learner Loans

Most learners aged 19 and over, studying a level 3, 4, 5 or 6 Further Education qualification, may qualify for help toward fees through the Advanced Learner Loan scheme.

It’s easy to apply, your household income isn’t taken into account and there’s no credit check. You won’t have to pay anything back until your income is over £21,000 a year.

Find out more or email us.

16-18 Guaranteed Bursary

A bursary worth up to £1,200 for students aged 16 - 18 (part of the 16-19 Bursary Fund).

To be eligible students must themselves be in receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit in place of Income Support, or Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments and Employment Support Allowance or Universal Credit in place of ESA, or be a Local Authority care leaver, or be in Local Authority care.

Free College Meals

Eligible students aged 16-18 who elect to come to College to further their education can now access free meals at College, just as they would at a school sixth form. Some students aged 19 to 24 may also qualify.

Learner Support Fund

For uniform, equipment and course costs.

This fund is available to most students enrolled on a course of study at the College, although there are a few exceptions. The purpose of the Fund is to help you if you are in receipt of a means tested benefit or a low income and experiencing financial difficulties. The Fund can help you with course related costs for things such as equipment, childcare, travel and so on.

We have two funds to help students with these costs. They are the Learner Support Fund for students aged 16-18 (part of the 16-19 Bursary Fund) and the Learner Support Fund for students aged 19+. Both are Means Tested, cash limited and allocated on a first come first served basis.


As part of your application process to college you need to consider how you are going to get to college, not only thinking about your bus route but also about how you will financially support yourself getting to College. 

Age 16 to 18

If you are aged 16 to 18 then you have a number of support options that can help you get into College each day. In order to get support from either the College or your Local Authority then your journey to College must be more than 3 miles to the College site you attend and there will be additional eligibility criteria that you will have to meet.  

As a starting point you need to contact your Local Authority to find out what Home to College Transport Support they have and make your application to them.

  • If you live within Lincolnshire, you should head to Lincolnshire County Council's School and College Transport Homepage and read all the relevant information. If you wish to make a travel support application to LCC online then click here. Or if it is easier, call their helpline on 01522 782020.
  • If you live within Nottinghamshire, they too offer help which can be found through the following Post 16 Travel Assistance For Students link. Applications are available to download through the link

Support options can include:

  • A maximum of £900 per academic year Travel Bursary if you live outside of your Local Authority's designated travel area to College, which is paid in instalments.
  • Refund of the cost of your Post 16 Travel Pass, if you have already paid for it and have enrolled and started on your course.
  • If you are unable to pay for your pass up front, the College can pay for it directly to LCC.
  • If you are eligible for but don't wish to take out the LCC Travel Pass, then then we will award you a maximum of £144 per term to pay towards your travel. Receipts needed and other rules may apply.
  • If your circumstances do not meet our Learner Support Fund eligibility criteria but your gross household income is below £40,000pa you may qualify for a contribution of a maximum of £432 towards travel. You must still live more than three miles from college.

Age 19+

If you are aged 19+, live more than 3 miles from the College and fit our financial and other eligibility criteria then the maximum the College will award you per academic year is £900.

You will only be paid for the days when you have a time-tabled class and must use the cheapest and most appropriate mode of transport.

The rate per mile for travel by car/motorcycle is 0.25p

Child Care

If you are a student parent aged under 20 on the 31/08/2016 you can qualify for free childcare through the Care To Learn Scheme.

Application forms are available from the Care To Learn website.

If you are a student parent aged 20 or over on 31/08/2016 and receive a means tested benefit, or low income you may qualify for help towards part of your child care costs through our Child Care Support Fund. Please note that expressions of interest for 2017/18 Academic Year should be made to the Welfare Team, Student Services as soon as possible after 1st January 2017 as support cannot be guaranteed due to limited funding.

Higher Education Support

There are a number of sources of finance available to HE students some of which depend on whether you study full-time or part-time or are a new or continuing student for 2016-17 Academic Year. See Student Finance England for full details and speak to Student Services for guidance. Support includes:

  • Maintenance Loan
  • Maintenance Grant
  • Parents Learning Grant
  • Childcare Grant
  • Special Support Grant
  • Adult Dependents’ Grant
  • Disabled Students' Allowance
  • Access to Learning Fund
  • Part Time Tuition Fee Loans 
Access to Learning Fund

This Fund is for HE students who are in severe financial hardship. Other rules apply. 

Professional and Career Development Loans

If you are aged 18 or over and ordinarily resident in Great Britain you may be eligible for a Professional & Career Development Loan.

A Professional & Career Development Loan is a bank loan which can help you pay for vocational learning or education. The loan can be any amount between £300 and £8,000. It can be used to fund many full-time, part-time or distance learning course as long as it is vocational and lasts no longer than two years, plus up to one year’s practical experience if this is part of the course. You will not need to repay the loan until after you finish your learning.

About the support we offer

The above lists of support are not exhaustive and do not guarantee that you fit the criteria. The support is currently available to students attending College in 2016/17, so if you are looking for support for 2017/18 please be aware that the options may change depending on funding available at the time.

What Happens if My Application is Unsuccessful?

If your application is unsuccessful we will write to you and let you know the reason why.

If you believe the decision made not to support your application is unfair you can appeal in writing to the Welfare Team Leader, Student Services, Lincoln College, Monks Road, Lincoln, LN2 5HQ.

We will provide a written reply to your appeal within 10 working days of receipt of your letter.

What if I Want to Make a Complaint?

If you are unhappy with any aspect of the administration of your application or the service you have received you can let us know through the College’s Complaints Procedure.

Ask us a Question

Facebook Facebook Messenger Twitter LinkedIn Youtube Snapchat Instagram